Most frequent questions and answers
I have a couple of questions before I order this broadband package.
Firstly, is this WiFi? I don’t want internet that is just through Ethernet and thought I’d double check just in case.
Ans: Yes it is WiFi and Ethernet. The router that you will receive will give you the option for both. You may also use both at the same time depending on what device you want to use.
Secondly, how do I install the internet once the router arrives?
Ans: Your Router will arrive with full easy instructions. In any case there will be nothing to install as the router will arrive ready to plug in.
I want to retain my existing mobile number as I move over to breeze.
Okay, you want to keep your number, no problems, very easy . Simply ring your current mobile phone operator and ask them for send your PAC code to you.
This is available automatically. You can send short messages to other mobile phones. Unlike our competitors who charge 19p per SMS, we charge between 15p to 28p for one SMS, we charge only 8p per international SMS and 5p for local SMS sent.
All Breeze SIM cards are enabled for mobile internet by default unless you have purchased a bundle that does not include internet in which case we have to disable it. Your settings are Mobile data selected. Please leave Network Operators selector to automatic.
Buffering involves pre-loading data into the memory or buffer area of the device,” so the data can be accessed more quickly when the data is needed.
So buffering is not entirely a bad thing, but it is bad when it happens too often as this may mean a slow network connection.
It generally speeds up what you trying to do on a revisit. Buffering can prevent lag particularly when you’re streaming video and can prevent slow performance altogether.
Please note that excessive buffering is not always because of slow network connections.
How to stop Buffering:
- Stop all other active downloads on your computer or device. Other background processes and downloads will consume extra resources such as memory and bandwidth that could otherwise be assigned to live streaming. Disconnect any games and applications that may be running in the background when doing live streaming.
- Pause the video you are watching for a few minutes to create a larger buffer space. This allows your streaming device to download the complete video so that you may watch the video late without breaks or pausing.
- Consider increasing or improving your Internet speed.
- Try using a dual-band router that offers a five GHz network with extra bandwidth. This router type is often most suitable for online streaming and is known to reduce buffering.
- Wait until the services for the content provider are less busy. The servers of content providers such as Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube may be slower or busier than usual depending on the provider’s resources and peak hours. For instance, research conducted by the FCC has shown that peak times for Internet traffic is between the hours of 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. If your videos continue to buffer, wait until the services are less busy before watching videos.
- Limit the amount of devices active on your network. Multiple devices being used on the same Internet network will consume that network’s bandwidth and cause buffering, especially if your router is unable to support a heavy traffic load. When streaming videos, make sure Internet usage is limited across devices.
- Consider using a wired Internet connection. Wireless Internet connections are more likely to be disrupted by problems with signal, frequency, and physical obstructions, such as walls or furniture. Try switching to a wired connection to help eliminate problems with buffering.
- Install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player on your device. Most video streaming sites use Adobe Flash, which means running an outdated version of Flash can cause buffering during live streaming. Navigate to the official website for Adobe Flash Player at https://get.adobe.com/
flashplayer/, and select the option to install the latest software version.
- Install the latest video card drivers on your device. Most video cards are updated automatically at the time you install Microsoft or Apple updates. However, if you installed your own custom video card, navigate to the manufacturer’s website to download and install updated drivers for your video card.
This may have happened because you reset your router which you are not supposed to do. Every time you reset the router, you are resetting it to the factory default which means all the fibre configuration data are lost.
To get back to internet you will need to reconfigure your router. Take the following steps;
1. On any smart device, connect to the TP-Link wifi
2. Once connected, open any browser (Firefox or Chrome),
3. On the address bar, please type; 192.168.0.1 and enter
4. You will be asked to enter username and password; username/password is admin
5. When you are in the admin portal, on the left of the page, click on Network
6. Change the WAN connection type to PPPoE and you will be asked to enter PPPoE username and password; please enter magic and magic.
7. leave every other button unchanged
8. Scroll down and hit the save button.
You are done. Your internet should now reconnect.
“so your speed test shows a lot of fluctuation”
“Find the best Channel setting for you”.
If you live in an area where a lot of users are on the same wifi channel as yourself, especially in an apartment building, this may result in fluctuating wifi broadband speed because of interference from other routers.
To solve the problem, look for the best channel setting for you on your router by following the following steps:
- On any smart device, connect to the TP-Link wifi
- Once connected, open any browser (Firefox or Chrome),
- On the address bar, please type; 192.168.0.1 and enter
- You will be asked to enter username and password; username/password is admin
- When you are in the admin portal, on the left of the page, click on Wireless
- In the main window look for ‘channel’, then change to a different channel number
- Then change the channel bandwidth to the highest figure available.
- Leave every other setting and ‘save’.
You are done. Try your new set channel for a few days and see if this is the best channel setting for you. If not repeat the above steps and change the channel again till you find the best channel for you.
“Did You Reset Your router? Is It offline and there is no internet?”
If you did not reset your router, please check to make sure you have the ethernet cable in your router’s WAN port and the other end of that cable is in the correct port of your modem.
If you did reset your router, to get back on the internet, you will need to reconfigure your router. Please take the following steps:
- Note the WiFi name at the back of your router. Example: WiFi: BREEZTEL-CB19(5G). Notice your WiFi name has now changed to: MERCUSYS_CB19
- On any smart device, connect to the WiFi name: MERCUSYS_….
- Once connected, open any browser (Firefox or Chrome or Safari),
- On the address bar, please type; 192.168.1.1 and press enter
- You will be asked to create login password, enter the word: password then confirm.
- Click the arrow. It takes you to the Network setting page.
- Leave the connection type on PPPoE and you will be asked to enter PPPoE username and password; please enter magic and magic.
- Click the on the arrow. It takes you to the Wireless setting page. For top SSID, enter the WiFi name at the back of your router but leave out the “_5G” at the end. For below SSID, use WiFi name exactly as at the back of your router. For password enter the password at the back of your router for both boxes.
- Click the on the arrow. Then, click on the green tick to finish the setting. Wait about 2 minutes then connect to the WiFi name you just created.
You are done! You should now have internet connection.
Yes. Provided you have credit or airtime on your phone you will remain connected when you’re out of the country. You can also access your voicemail and customer services when you’re overseas.
Yes. All calls made from a Breeze SIM to another BREEZE SIM is free.
Simply dial 124 followed by the send key.
Simply dial 1870 followed by the send key.
My internet is slow. What should I do?
To ascertain the speed that we are sending to you, please take the following steps;
- Using an ethernet cable, connect your laptop directly to the ONT LAN 1 connect to internet using PPPoE connection type, carry out a test. OR
- Using an ethernet cable, You may alternatively connect your laptop directly unto any LAN port on the router and carry out a speed test.
The results obtained will give you idea of the speed that we are sending to you.
You are having wifi speed problem because of some or all of the below reasons:
- You may have too many devices connected to the internet whether at the same time or at some point in the past.
- You may have too may internet files still open on your devices such as laptop, phones etc. Each site opened on the internet takes a share of the wifi speed and could hold on to that share for days thereby slowing down any new connections.
- Your router may currently not be placed centrally where your wifi signal can circulate adequately in your apartment. If router is hidden away, that may affect your wifi speed.
- The speed of fibre you subscribed to may be inadequate for the usage that you require.
Sometimes the problem has to do with wifi speed rather than fibre speed.
a. Check devices that have ever connected to your internet either now or in the past. Clear their cache files and history folder.
b. For your netflix, consider connecting your streaming device directly onto the router using an ethernet cable. This may completely do away with wifi speed problems.
c. If you have a dual band router ( I suspect that the technicolor router that you have is a dual band router), if so , consider changing to 5G band from 2.4G. 2.4G is usually congested as many others in your neighbourhood may also be using the same band. You will definitely get a better speed from 5G connection.
d. If you do not have a dual band router, consider buying one or alternatively change channels on your single band router. You have about 13 channels to choose from. Remember that other people in your neighbourhood may also be sharing the same channels. So Try different channels until you find a suitable channel that is not congested.
f. Consider upgrading your package to say 80Mbps or more to receive a dual band wifi router from Breeztel.